IGNORED

Run for the Wall 2010

wes0778

I had the honor today to participate in a short section of Run for the Wall 2010.

I Rode, with a number of other Mississippians from Jackson, MS to Tallulah, La to meet those riding the Southern Route. From Tallulah, The first stop was the Trail of Honor at the Harley dealership in Jackson. I'll post more pictures later, but here are the most moving ones...

[ATTACH]45512[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45513[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45514[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45515[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45516[/ATTACH]

I have been to too many memorial reflections. It always amazes me that even amoung those who come with the best intentions there have to reminders that phones be turned off, mine stays in the bags, and proper behavior while people reflect on those no longer with physically.

I remember going aboard a destroyer when I was in the cub scouts with my Dad. Watching him remove his cover when we entered the mess hall and asking him why. His explanation of what the mess hall was used for in time of war, his being WW2, has stayed with me and been passed down to my children and now to theirs.

At the same time I was at the Marine Coprs evening parade at 8th and I and had to remind a veteran in front of me to remove his cover during the National Anthem.

I have a picture on my tool box of the Colors going by in a parade. Everyone is sitting on a curb except for one old man who is standing...using the wheel chair he was sitting in for support. I've never met that man, but I know who he is.

Semper Fidelis