For future accessories, should I install a ground block? I plan on installing a fuse block this week.

You are probably going to get both yeses and nos to this question. I will try to include some information here to explain the why behind my suggestion.

As is the bike has 2 main grounding points; one is down near the horn and the other is behind the plastic cover on the neck near the ignition switch (front right of the fuel tank).

In pure theory, all of the metal components on the bike are an equipotential surface, so it it shouldn't matter. However, in practice, there is a chance that grounding in multiple places could create what are known as ground loops - that is slight differences in potential between, what ought to be, different 'grounding' points thereby creating a potential difference (gives rise to currents since the metal frame of the bike is not a pure conductor) in what ought to otherwise be a standard/common ground.

So, to answer your question, to be on the safe side a [truely] common ground (ie, a 'ground block') would, in my opinion, be a good idea -- or at least run all of the accessories to one of the two existing grounds (or the '-' terminal on the battery). If you put in an auxiliary fuse box this would be a very easy thing to wire up and you could directly link your ground block to one of the two existing ground points on the bike.

Hope that helps a little bit.

There is also a braided wire ground under the passenger seat kinda under the front edge of the top trunk that is grounded to the hardware there. I think it is the CB ground...not real sure. Easy to get to. I had rather ground all grounds to the battery....sometimes those bolts on the frame grounds get corroded easily and over looked if you have a strange problem. On battery usually you expect them to corrode and you can watch them closely or treat them to prevent it.

There is also a braided wire ground under the passenger seat kinda under the front edge of the top trunk that is grounded to the hardware there. I think it is the CB ground...not real sure. Easy to get to. I had rather ground all grounds to the battery....sometimes those bolts on the frame grounds get corroded easily and over looked if you have a strange problem. On battery usually you expect them to corrode and you can watch them closely or treat them to prevent it.

Thanks. The battery it is.

I got a fuse block at O'Rielys Auto parts that use 6 ATM stab in fuses for around $10 and found a ground bar at an Electrical Supply for $8. Mounted both under my seat. Hooked Ground bar to Battery. Works great, have my LED accent lites, Stebel Airhorn, extra DC outlet hooked up to it.

I got a fuse block at O'Rielys Auto parts that use 6 ATM stab in fuses for around $10 and found a ground bar at an Electrical Supply for $8. Mounted both under my seat. Hooked Ground bar to Battery. Works great, have my LED accent lites, Stebel Airhorn, extra DC outlet hooked up to it.

O'Rielys and Kragen's are part of the same company. I went to Kragen's and they didn't have a fuse block. The Napa parts in the next town has one for $15. Space is at a premium. Do you have any pics of where you placed the two blocks.

Thanks.

There is also a grounding point inside the fairing on the left side (whilst sitting on the bike) of the audio amplifier. That's where I've been grounding anything in the front such as aux lights, the aux gauges, etc. I also mounted a small positive junction block inside the fairing soas to have an easy central place for positive power. It is connected to my fused junction block which is under the seat, next to the battery.