IGNORED

Help needed w/intercom

Rode to Jacksonville yesterday. First time using intercom since getting new fairing under warranty and I also have the mic mute. Everytime I hit a bump in the road the intercom would activate. I would have to hit the ptt button to disengage the intercom. Also with the mic mute you hit the ptt button once and the intercom in engaged until you hit the ptt button again to disengage it but now you have to hold the ptt button continously until you are finished talking and then release the ptt button to disengage. What's up with dat? While the dealer had the bike installing the new fairing I asked him to put dielectric grease on all the connections while they had the fairing off. Is is possible they reconnected the mic mute in the wrong connector and caused this are is something else going on? Thanks for your suggestions. Also, thanks Ruffy for the m & e in Jacksonville. Food was excellent.

I emailed Bill Morphy at mic mutes sunday afternoon regarding my problem with the intercom coming on each time I hit a bump in the road and my having to hold the ptt button until I finished talking. Monday morning I had a reply from him that stated the problem was probably within the 12 volts or ground source to the control box and that most often a poor contact inside the fuse holder was the problem. He suggested opening the fuse holder and cleaning the contact on the wire ends where they contacted the fuse ends. I did that and now my mic mute is working fine. Bill is a class act and I would recommend the mic mutes to everyone.