IGNORED

cycle accident in emails

dunvilsteev

Got this in my email today, but it was erroneously reported that the guy lived.

Did a snopes test, and unfortunately it really did happen, but he obviously did not survive. Be warned you may find this offensive. But if you read the story you can see why his parents released the photos.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/tulsacrash.asp

Guest seuadr

what a waste.

he could have traded millions of miles on a bike for that one 120mph crash.

i guess i have to give a point to straycat, he mentioned in another thread how gear makes some people ride like they are invincible. can;t help but wonder if this was part of the problem here.

The old guy who used to live behind me told me one day he had some real bad news, I had heard of the accident through town but did not realize it was his son and grandson. The kid was rocketting around with his cousin who was an OPP, so they figure he thought he was immune to tickets. He crested a hill at warp speed and a car was turning out of a golf course and they figure he was doing 100mph when he hit. The bike actually cartwheeled high enough to take out some telephone lines and the kid went into the ditch with arms extended, this ripped them both off. Now the truly bad part, his Dad was playing golf one hole away from the road, recognized the bike and ran over to see his kid like that. Dad was hospitalized for weeks, missed the funeral and everything. Sad, sad thing and look how it ripples the pain throughout your family and friends.

It isn't just kids on sports bikes that ride like idiots. I have seen some cruisers going down the road with no brain power connected to the handlebars.

You're right there, stupidity doesn't play favourites, anyone can join that team!

But, those dam things doing 100 in second gear, and kids and their "invincibility" makes for a lethal combination.

I read in your bio about the Ironbutt, I was wondering, did you do the 1000-in-a-day or the whole 11,000 shebang?? And on your 05?