IGNORED

Wire came out of Spark Plug Boot

I was replacing the spark plugs on my 97 Tour Classic and in the process of struggling with removing one of the spark plug wires the wire came out of the boot. Seemed to be much too clean of a break; looked like it was cut with a knife the break was so clean.

How do these connect within the boot themselves? I am assuming I now have to replace the entire assembly (coil plus wire), correct? Is there any way to repair it?

the ends are threaded on the inside of the cap, nip a quarter inch off of the wire and pull the small rubber boot off the end of the cap where the wire goes into it, slide the rubber boot up onto the wire, then screw the cap back onto the fresh cut end of the wire untill the wire bottoms out into the cap, then pull the boot back down the wire onto the cap.

mike.

the ends are threaded on the inside of the cap, nip a quarter inch off of the wire and pull the small rubber boot off the end of the cap where the wire goes into it, slide the rubber boot up onto the wire, then screw the cap back onto the fresh cut end of the wire untill the wire bottoms out into the cap, then pull the boot back down the wire onto the cap.

mike.

Thanks for the tip - just some clarification - Do I need to strip any of the insulation off the wire, or just a straight cut across the insulation & wire 1/4 inch down from the break?

Just wanted to say thanks for the tip. I thought I had messed up and it was going to cost me quite a few $$ to fix. Striped and screwed in as instructed, took it for a ride yesterday; and things are running perfect.

Thanks again!