IGNORED

Better Organized!!

utadventure

I sometime get tired of how quickly the trunk becomes a mess on a trip. Last year at the Roundup in Cody, Iowawegian (Gary and Deb) had some pouches in the trunk that allowed them to keep things where they could get them easily. I liked that!!

I've been looking online for something that would go in my '86, with no luck. So, last night I decided to do something.....

I took a piece of Lexan I had in the garage and cut two pieces to fit the width, height and curvature of the trunk bottom. I used adding machine tape rolls as spacers and with four bolts to hold it together. A little stick on velcro to hold it in place to the rear of the trunk but still allow it to be removed. (I was going to install only the rolls as spacers but Jan reminded me of how often we or someone asks if someone has a piece of paper and pen, so I left it on to use up on the road)

This isn't everything I would want but in the mean time it creates two pockets in the back corners and three more between the plastic to help hold things in place and there is still room for my helmet inside.

http://s470.photobucket.com/albums/rr70/utadventure/86%20Venture%20Rt%20Faring/?action=view&current=IMG_0684.jpghttp://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr70/utadventure/86%20Venture%20Rt%20Faring/IMG_0684.jpg

Dave

:thumbsup: Sweet Mod! :clap2:

(I was going to install only the rolls as spacers but Jan reminded me of how often we or someone asks if someone has a piece of paper and pen, so I left it on to use up on the road)

:think:Paper could also come in handy when you just gotta go in the middle of nowhere with only a tree in sight....:confused24::whistling:

Later, Scooter Bob

Looks good!! Now Jan can write her "honey do" list for you while your on the road!!!!:crackup:

Our "pouches" came from Walmart. I think the cost was $5.00 a piece. Gary's is blue, mine is black, his is on the left side of the trunk, mine always on the right. It holds sunscreen, sunglasses, chap stick, cell phone, etc. (all those little things that can get lost easily, but you need to have handy)The nice thing about them is they don't take up much trunk room, but yet hold a lot!!

First thought at a glance: Interesting use of TP rolls. And handy in on-the-road emergencies. Then I read the post itself. Oh, note paper. Not as handy in an emergency, but pretty handy none the less.

Nice idea.

That’s what you call “John Wayne TP”... ROUGH & TOUGH and won’t take crap off no-one! :moon:

Nice idea. I velcroed some pencil bags to the lid of my Wing to hold some of the little stuff like meds, extra glasses, ect.. works well and keeps things from rolling around. For bigger things I use cheap shaving kit bags from WalMart in different colors. Just another idea.