IGNORED

83 VR turn signals

irydasteelhorse

my turnsignals seem to have a mind of their own. some times they work, some times they dont, the hazard switch works when the signals work. seems to me, that something with the self cancel is buggering up. is there a way to delete, bypass, remove this feature, and just have the signals work from the switch? ive ridden for years, and its habit to cancel them myself anyway, id rather just have em work when i want em to. any help?? :12101:

my turnsignals seem to have a mind of their own. some times they work, some times they dont, the hazard switch works when the signals work. seems to me, that something with the self cancel is buggering up. is there a way to delete, bypass, remove this feature, and just have the signals work from the switch? ive ridden for years, and its habit to cancel them myself anyway, id rather just have em work when i want em to. any help??

There is a flasher for the turn signals & another flasher for the Hazard lights. They are in the left faring, behind the turn light area.

:canada:

Here is a link to simplified schematic.

83 Yamaha Venture TK Simplified Circuit Diagram Rev C.pdf

There is a canceling unit, but I don't know how to by pass it.

It's a digital circuit, and I have no internal schematic for it.

Signal circuits are in lower left quadrant of sheet.

Gary

my turnsignals seem to have a mind of their own. some times they work, some times they dont, the hazard switch works when the signals work. seems to me, that something with the self cancel is buggering up. is there a way to delete, bypass, remove this feature, and just have the signals work from the switch? ive ridden for years, and its habit to cancel them myself anyway, id rather just have em work when i want em to. any help?? :12101: