IGNORED

classifieds

Thom

I'll see what I can come up with. In the meantime, you DO know that you can subscribe to one or all categories and be notified by email of any new ads don't you? To do so, just click on a category and at the bottom left of the list of ads is a link that says "Subscribe to this Category".

Don

• 2 months later...

Don, in the classified section there is a profile link for the members ads. Is it possible to add the city & State or province into this ad profile, for quick reference (to estimate distance away), without having to go look up main member profile. As the current distance estimator only works for US zip codes & not CDN postal codes.

I am guessing that the classified section is open to non members (haven't checked myself). Otherwise we could add a link to members main profile.

I've looked at this a little bit today. I see that it actually does show the sellers city already. That doesn't help a lot though because the city could be anywhere. For now, I've added fields so that when an add is placed, the seller can add their city and state or province, etc. That will not help with the ads already placed but should help with any future ads.

In the meantime, I'll look closer over the next couple of days to see if I can pull that info from the forum profile page so that it is inserted automatically.