IGNORED

1st gen cruise control dash electronics

i am looking at the schematic for the cruise control system and i see that the speed signal is picked up electrically off the back of the speedo cluster. without pulling my speedo off to check, does anyone know if this is a milliamp signal, or a 12 volt pulse that triggers the cruise control box.

( i have a friend with an 85 vmaxx and he has an 86 venture that he wants to pull the cruise off and put on the vmaxx.)

Markland sold a cruise control unit ( automotive type ), that picked up the signal off the rear rotor with magnets spaced around it. The signal counter had a bracket on the swingarm and was spaced to pick up a signal from the magnets. The control panel was velcro mounted on the handle bar area. I owned two bikes with the units mounted and it worked very well.

I would go with the audiovox ccs-100 its a great cruise its a after market for a car and is easy to adapt to a bike squidly and carbon one helped do my install sence i have done several and they all work great and the signal pickup is off the coil if you want more info just ask

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audiovox-Universal-Cruise-Control-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33595QQihZ015QQitemZ250169244328QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

thanks guys, but we have all the complete cruise pieces off the 86 venture, so we just need to know what we hook the trigger wire up to.

Scott, I just acquired a complete dash, so I will see what info I can figure out for you... Of course I'll look at the service manual as well!