IGNORED

Another windshield ?

Acadieman

Guest KitCarson

In Answer to your question , how is a windshield measured, the standard means of measurement on a Venture is from the very front of the gas cap, at the front of the tank. Use a yardstick and place it vertically with the end against the tank just in front of the gas filler cap. You can have a helper hold a level straight out at eye level or just eyeball it and where your eyes hit the yardstick straight out , that is where the windshield should be., you can also put a can, rock, something out about 50 feet and you should be able to stretch your neck and look over the eye level line and see the object without looking through the windshield. If you have an installed windshield then the top edge of it is the windshield height. The standard OEM windshield is a 22 inch windshield. For further info on this type in clear view motorcycle windshields in your search window and read what they have to say.

Hope this helps-I love my new Venture-I hate the windshield, it is the only thing I do not like about the bike, but this will soon be resolved. Kit