IGNORED

Little Clutch help

I'm doing the PCW clutch mod. After opening the cover and exposing the clutch.

I decided to take a couple of pictures (see below) I used the link below as a guide

plus the instructions that came with the kit. Great write up. Here is my dilemna. As you can see by my picture which was taken prior to disassembling the clutch, the single notch on the pressure plate is aligned with the two dots on the housing. I've got 20100 miles on it The clutch has never been opened. I feel I should put it back together the way it came appart. Any thoughts??

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10518]Clutch Upgrade - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

Well I ended up calling John at PCW, who was very friendly and helpful. I told him what I had, and said "one of the little Japanese factory workers put it together that way 20,000 miles ago"

He felt that it would not hurt anything, and we had a nice conversation about the friction discs. He told me that he has weighed, measured them and they were all the same. He made me feel comfortable in my decision to install them the way they came out.

Anyway I put it back together the way it came apart. Leak checked the cover,

Went for a ride and "It's All Good"

I've been looking at that Barnett complete kit. "Ugly" started slipping and I took it apart to add the set of springs I had on hand. These springs were so much taller and stronger I couldn't get them in there. Just added another washer and all was good and still is. Like to know what those springs are for. Bought them with pressure plate for a 84 from the Stealer.

I've read that the Barnette is hard on the clutch basket?? But NO SLIPPING!! Grab and GO!!