IGNORED

'Bye 'Bye Buell...

Blackjack

Guest tx2sturgis

And this emotional good-bye.

http://www.buell.com

I for one am saddened to see this. I rode a couple of buells on demo rides in years past, and always thought I'd love to have one...especially the Ulysses. What a fun bike to take on the asphalt curves and gravel strewn dirt roads.

Buell motorcycles, for those who dont know, became a subsidiary of HarleyDavidson several years ago. Of course, that made sense at the time because of the corporate umbrella that provided. During the intervening years, many new and modern bikes were produced.

But maybe the corporate umbrella only provided a temporary shelter.

Whether you care about Buell or not, it should raise the eyebrow of any motorcyclist, that a strong, diverse, and well loved brand of bikes can go down the tubes. It could happen to OUR brand as well.

:puzzled:

All may not be lost for the Buell faithful. Many brands that have gone under have later come back under new ownership, such as Indian and Triumph. (But only one of those two has been successful thus far.) Who knows, maybe someone with deep pockets will come along and buy the assets from HD.

The wife and I recently test rode the Ulysses because it was what I thought I wanted as a back and forth to work bike. The only way I would have took it home is if they would have gave it to me. In my opinion it was terrible the vibration and heat from it is unexplainable power was so so ( we took a 20 minute ride ). The only thing that I was impressed with was the front brake other than that no thank you again my opinion. I guess I will revisit the KLR or DRZ sometime soon. stroker

The wife and I recently test rode the Ulysses because it was what I thought I wanted as a back and forth to work bike. The only way I would have took it home is if they would have gave it to me. In my opinion it was terrible the vibration and heat from it is unexplainable power was so so ( we took a 20 minute ride ). The only thing that I was impressed with was the front brake other than that no thank you again my opinion. I guess I will revisit the KLR or DRZ sometime soon. stroker

I've been "jonesing" for a dual sport for quite some time. I loved my test ride on the KTM Adventurer (however, it's expensive beyond my consideration!), and like you, did not care for the Ulysses (which is almost as expensive!). I keep going back to the KLR 650, which might very well be the most bike you can get for the money on a new machine.

TERRY