IGNORED

stebel horn installation/stock horns?

clawed

Well I wired everything up and gave it the smoke test......and I didn't realize there were two stock horns! Do I need to disconnect the other front horn also? cause, the stebel sounds very weak! not loud at all............any idea's?..... clawed needs help........:doh:

Well I wired everything up and gave it the smoke test......and I didn't realize there were two stock horns! Do I need to disconnect the other front horn also? cause, the stebel sounds very weak! not loud at all............any idea's?..... clawed needs help........:doh:

It needs to be powered through a relay, from the battery. You will burn out the horn switch without a relay........ Nope, I have one stock horn still hooked up to mine.

It needs to be powered through a relay, from the battery. You will burn out the horn switch without a relay........ Nope, I have one stock horn still hooked up to mine.

With out the relay circuit, you'll end up letting the smoke out of the puny stock horn wires... :doh:

OK, I took the horn off and tested it straight to the car battery......LOUD! then, straight to the rsv bat.......LOUD! I made the mistake of wiring it to the extra harness, for my battery tender connection. 20A fuse.....Then took the other harness(for the tender) with the alligator clamp connectors and used it to wire things up.....another 20A fuse and removed the clamps....might be 16 ga. wire......A little dinner and a trip to rat shack and all is well now. And yes the 30A relay was in there...and and everything was so pretty, with heat shrink on all the connections, and routed soooo...nice ....but I had to tear it all apart and redo most of it.....then the battery bolt fell down into the grand canyon....ten minutes to find it......:bang head: