IGNORED

Dri-Slide Lubricant

camos

The Website say Dri-Slide is a molybdenum disulphide lubricant. According to what I read, the lubricant is carried by a solvent which is supposed to evaporate and leave the lubricant behind.

OK here is what I can tell you about molybdenum disulphide lubricant. It is typically used as a dry lubricant and most times when it is applied correctly...... the surface is blasted 1000 grit for adherence to the part. The part is then sprayed and cured, some are air cure others require a 325F for 10 to 30 minutes, There are may different types of molybdenum disulphide they all have a little different formula depending what the function is.

The molybdenum disulphide lubricant works its way into the pores of the metal and is still useful over time as the surface wears

So there is my:2cents:

Steve

Just learned about this DriSlide Bike-Aid lubrication product. Looks like the perfect solution for lubricating linkages and cables but it costs about $12 on Amazon and costs $17 to ship to Canada, typical. :mo money:

Anyone in the Great White North familiar with it?

I just use PJ1 Cable Lube, available at Cdn Tire, every winter on the cables, locks & ignition switch.

I just use PJ1 Cable Lube, available at Cdn Tire, every winter on the cables, locks & ignition switch.
That would be much more convenient, do you also use the PJ1 on the shift linkage? Does it stand up very well to wet roads?

Thanks

That would be much more convenient, do you also use the PJ1 on the shift linkage? Does it stand up very well to wet roads?

Thanks

Have not used anything on the linkage, aside from grease on the arm's main pivot point.

Did ok on the year round, Mill Bay - Victoria commutes. I had rode in some real good downpours, riding over the Malahat.