IGNORED

Posted a New Video

silverdeer0454

Watching that video and the quality of it got me to thinking.....

If we all had those video cams on our bikes I'll bet it would certainly help our case in a Court after suffering an accident by some stupid Cager.

Any Legal Beagles out there care to offer free Legal advice on this?

Boomer.......waiting for the verdict.

That is a pretty good video, hardly no vibration.

You are good at laying in the music too. What software did you use for adding and editing the video?

Microsoft Movie Maker was used to make the video. The music was added by You Tube. I had the Moody Blues as the background music but the video was flagged for copyright issues :innocent: Sooo...they changed the tunes

You now have an option to add their music which links to Amazon.com, but It's not a bad tune they picked. I have mounted the camera on top of the headlight assembly with the suction cup mount...and a short piece of twine incase it decides to part company with the bike.

:rudolf:

silverdeer

Guest tx2sturgis
Watching that video and the quality of it got me to thinking.....

If we all had those video cams on our bikes I'll bet it would certainly help our case in a Court after suffering an accident by some stupid Cager.

Any Legal Beagles out there care to offer free Legal advice on this?

Boomer.......waiting for the verdict.

Yes, but what if you CAUSE an accident...you will have NO defense if its your fault...your own video would be evidence against you!

Not good.

Yes, but what if you CAUSE an accident...you will have NO defense if its your fault...your own video would be evidence against you!

Not good.

True.....But if I was at fault in a accident I would own up to it and not try to put the fault on someone else.

Boomer.....who was raised to be honest and likes it that way.

Guest tx2sturgis
True.....But if I was at fault in a accident I would own up to it and not try to put the fault on someone else.

Boomer.....who was raised to be honest and likes it that way.

LOL....yeah...tell that to the judge. The lawyer for a family says you swerved to miss a kid on a bicycle and you instead hit a van full of kids and now the parents want to sue you for pain and suffering cuz they find you have a $300,000 insurance policy AND a house worth $250,000 and several of the kids are 'hurting' ( coached to SAY that, you suspect)...and sure enough the video shows you hit the van instead of killing the kid on the bike, and now they want to garnish your wages...and your medical bills are over $100,000 and you lost the use of your left leg...and you have fuzzy vision now that comes and goes due to a head injury...

Your defense might be that you were so distracted by the kid on the bicycle that you didnt see the van, BUT...the camera only shows that you veered from the bicycle and ran RIGHT INTO the vans side door, hurting little baby Sarah and her toddler siblings in the van.

You STILL want to go into court with evidence against you?

Life just aint that simple dude...luv ya man, but lets get real, the legal system SUX!

Edited by tx2sturgis

LOL....yeah...tell that to the judge. The lawyer in court says you swerved to miss a kid on a bicycle and you instead hit a van full of kids and now the parents want to sue you for pain and suffering cuz they find you have a $300,000 insurance policy AND a house worth $250,000 and several of the kids are 'hurting' ( coached to SAY that, you suspect)...and sure enough the video shows you hit the van instead of killing the kid on the bike, and now they want to garnish your wages...and your medical bills are over $100,000 and you lost the use of your left leg...and you have fuzzy vision now that comes and goes due to a head injury...

You STILL want to go into court with evidence against you?

Life just aint that simple dude...luv ya man, but lets get real, the legal system SUX!

For me it don't matter what the details of the accident are or what the injuries are....if I am in the wrong I will darn well own up to it no matter what it costs me. The principles that I live by can't be bought,sold,or compromised if I have anything to say about it.

Yes I know our Legal System in not the best but that does not mean I have to compromise myself for the sake of money or anything I own.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Your mileage may vary. LOL!

Boomer......who might be the only honest/ethical man in the Courtroom and darn proud of it.

Guest tx2sturgis
For me it don't matter what the details of the accident are or what the injuries are....if I am in the wrong I will darn well own up to it no matter what it costs me. The principles that I live by can't be bought,sold,or compromised if I have anything to say about it.

Yes I know our Legal System in not the best but that does not mean I have to compromise myself for the sake of money or anything I own.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Your mileage may vary. LOL!

Boomer......who might be the only honest/ethical man in the Courtroom and darn proud of it.

Sounds good in theory, but then what if you lose your house and most of your income and you still have family members depending on you for support and a roof over their head? And in your best estimation you TRIED to avoid the accident, and you feel like it may have been the bicyclists fault who caused the accident, but the lawyer knows that kid and his parents are poor and judgment-proof.

Jury sees the video, and the toddlers and infants in bandages and a bit bruised in some pics taken at the ER, ( not really hurt bad or anything) you get slapped with a judgement of 1.5 million and end up losing everything youve worked for because of a damn video? You know the lawyers will get 40%...right?

I have to say that I applaud your convictions, and I hope its NEVER tested in real life.