IGNORED

added tongue length to trailer

painterman67

well everybody,

I just added about four feet to the length of my trailer I pull behind my 91VR. HAd to add length to stop the thing from tail wagging on me. My question is is there anyone near by that can weld? I would rather pay and meet an memeber instead of taking it to a local welding shop.

If there is anyone available and willing I will pay for time and lunch,dinner ect.

I'm in Mcleansville NC just east of Greensboro. The trailer is able to be pulled soi can bring it to your shop or place that you desire.

Thanks in advance.

David

Did you actually add 4 feet to the tongue lengh ? That seems like alot.

The tongue should be between 1 1/2 to 2 times longer than the width of the axle ( measure center of tire to center of tire )

The tongue weight is the most important factor and how you load the trailer. Even weight on both sides of the trailer.

yep 4 feet. My axle width is 50 inches center of tire to center of tire . My trailer toungue was originally on 46 from hitch to axle.I meant to only add three feet but my measurements were wrong and ended up with four. I plan on addid and extra cooler rack up front to help with the weight also.

Took the trailer down the road today for about 20 miles at back road speed of 45 and pulled perfect. Then took it down the highway at 70 miles per hr and still pulled perfect. NO more tail wagging and it was running empty. The added toungue lenght was in the for of 2 1/2 inch square tubing thick walls so the tongue weight is actually about wright .

Davcid