IGNORED

Another Question About 12v Power Outlet

awsmsrv

I've read here that the hole behind the driver seat is the perfect size for a cigarette type power outlet, however, in looking at the powerlet brand, it needs a 1.125" hole & I measured the "perfect size" as .875". What brand will fit this hole without modification?

Well, 1 more question: I'm not very good with modifying electrical stuff, so, how exactly do you modify the white plug near the battery that I've read about to work with a power outlet? And is it already fused? Thanks.

I just bought a standard auto lighter and that fit perfectly. That little plug just pops off. I also have a accessory fuse block so I wired the lighter seperately direct to that. Yes it is always hot but I have never had a problem.

They do require replacement every now and then as the ones I've used do rust after a while due to rain.

I bought a used outlet, the same as the one in the fairing, off of ebay from Pinwheel cycles for less than $10.00 including shipping. I just haven't had time to install it yet. But yea, the hole behind the seat doen't look to be big enough. May have to increased the size. I was going to use an inline fuse and come straight off the battery for it when I got around to the installation. Let us know how your's works out.