IGNORED

adjusting highway lamps

Ok, just exactly HOW do you adjust these passing lamps for the UP and DOWN?? I can't see it.. Anyone able to shed some light on this.. ?

Thanks in advance.

Are the lenses rotated in the correct orientation? Mine is marked with TOP to put at the, um, top. It seems obvious, but the dealer installed it upside down and thus the light went up.

Dave

Mine are a PIA to adjust. The main hollow mounting stud, that comes up through the bottom of the light, has enough play or wallow room to adjust up or down. Obviously, you have to have the lamp out and it’s a true trial and error method.

I've had the same experience as OB-1.

Manual process. Dealer installed them and they were practically pointing straight up... higher than the high beams. Oncoming drivers were not happy. I had to take them apart and re-adjust.

Its a manual process. The one tightening screw secures both horizontal and vertical adjustment. The light has to be removed, then the housing adjusted with the single nut/post, then re-install the light, turn on the lights, check the level, and repeat until you get it where you want it.

BTW, you loosten the nut enough, your directionals will also move on you.

I found putting the lights on while holding the bike upright and aiming it at a wall, side of house, garage door, etc, will get you pretty close.

Fine tuning is a matter of riding a bit and adjusting from there to where you want them.

Also, make sure once you get the right spot to tighten them well. After my dealer install, I had one of the passing lamps vibrate loose. I was out riding one night, and all of a sudden, the right side of the road was illuminated... light spun 90 degrees to the side of the road.

Hope this helps.

Bob