IGNORED

Disappointed with my 16k Service....

craigatcsi

The charge for the 16000 mile service is too high but when I bought my bike they had a deal where I could pay $900.00 and all the services were paid for three years. I know $900.00 is a lot of money but it is worth it if you're going to let the dealer do the services. I'm always at their door every 4000 miles waiting for my service. I don't care if the plugs can go longer, because they replace them as part of the service. My bike was skipping on one cylinder so at the service before the plugs were to be changed I asked the dealer if they would go ahead and replace the plugs. They said sure and replaced them. If I could do my own service I would but since I can't the $900.00 isn't a bad deal.

Wish I had that deal. In a year, I've had the 16K service, the 26.6K service, and am fixin' to get the 16K again soon. I'll have recovered that $900 at least twice inside 18 months.

Dave

Hey oldroadstar,

Tallahassee is where I take my bike for service. Their labor rate is outragous. Anything outside of the services I have pre paid I go somewhere else. Even the harley dealer doesn't charge $138.00 per hour for labor. I have noticed the last few times I have been to Tallahassee Powersports their shop was almost empty. When I first starting going there they were packed. I guess they don't care since they are charging so much per hour. The last time I talked to yamaha customer service and I told them I used Tallahassee Powersports they said they were one of their better dealers.

Had my 20,000 mile service done. Cost me $289. Used Sherman Power Sports. They quoted me the price up front and a list of what they would do. Was very pleased.

Had the oil changed at 24,000, had a coupon fromn a local shop.

Also have a special from the local shop (owner used to work at Yamaha as mechanic) for a full service will use for the 28,000 mile service. His normal price is around $300.

Unless you got a lot of extra work done it sounds like you got way overcharged.