IGNORED

Hey Lewis, a LSU funeral

kbran

I went to a funeral today of a very dear lady and friend whom I've known all my life from our church. I don't think she ever had any enemys as she loved everyone. Our preacher is from Florida and he is good natured and the lady who died (Jimmylee) loved to pick at him about the LSU tigers and him a Florida fan. He told the story today of how she would be going down the road and see a sign for LSU and say lets get that and put it in the preachers yard. So, she let it be know to the family and the preacher that she wanted an LSU funeral and her family obliged her today. The grandsons as paulbearer's wore LSU polo shirts and an assisting pastor wore his LSU tie and the Precher said he never thought he would preach in an orange shirt but he did today in honour of her. It was a good funeral service and here are some pics. The preachers came out blurry, sorry. Notice the LSU color casket flowers and a stand reef at the head of the grave in LSU colors.

Classic! I have had the honor of making friends with an elderly gentleman and his son at LSU baseball games. He was affectionately known as Gizmo. I even took a trip in 2003 to Omaha with them and the grandson to see LSU go 2 and b-b-que. Unfortunately, he passed away a couple of years ago. He too, had an LSU theme. He was wearing an LSU suit and tie, LSU tennis shoes, LSU beads, LSU shirt, and it was intimated that his underclothing was too! The whole place was bedecked in LSU posters/photos and what have you. Everyone from the LSU baseball games around where he sat, came either to the funeral or the showing. Most were pleased and had a great laugh with the family over his choice of attire.

Joe