IGNORED

Good People

Yammer Dan

OK can't find it.. What brake calipers will fit on my 85 to increase my stopping power. Its not ALL about going!!! I need to stop and wait on people from time to time....:whistling:

Dan, if it's the same caliper as the 83-84 you're outta luck. Nothing will work. If your bolt pattern is 100mm,,, Not sure about the '85's..??,,,the RI calipers will work. However if your stuck, you can do what I just did to my '83. I swapped out the forks from an '86VR and used the 2001 R1 calipers. The 86 forks have electrical Anti-Dives, but the progressives were pretty stiff, so I just left them disconnected and ran the wires up into the fairing. The 83-84 forks take a caliper with a 83mm bolt spread while the 86 and up take 100mm. R1, R6, and FJR's will work. You'll also need to swap out the rotors for the later type. All in all, it makes for a very sanitary set up.

I think I picked up the forks and triple tree assembly off Ebay a few years ago for around $65.00 bucks, and the R1 calipers for $25 earlier this year. Still using the pads the R1's came with...

If you don't want to go thru the hassle you can pick up a set of EBC FA88H brake pads that will give you more stopping power.