IGNORED

New foglight I am working on.

timgray

Here's some details and questions from everyone answered.

260 Lumens per unit, 35Watt Halogen MR16's are 340-380 Lumens. output from the LED spec sheet. I have a huge heatsink on mine,so I highly doubt the 4-5 watt H3 bulbs on ebay actually work, someoene is welcome to try though, I have a pile of ebay led lights that are useless in my garage.

They will not be cheap. The lamp modules I had made will cost about $30.00 each. so 2 are needed for your set of burners. It's because I am not making 10,000 at a time but I have to pay for 20 to be made at a time.

Cyan might be illegal in your area, in Michigan if it's not white or yellow facing out the front of the vehicle/bike it's illegal. I find yellow gives better visibility, in fog/rain even better.

when I am ready to do this I will need 10 orders at a time. White, warm white, and Yellow are readily available. But there is still a lead time as my projects are last in line over the paying customers jobs.

This is not set in stone but a ballpark price. 1 set of 2 bulbs to fit in platinum burners small round lights is $60.00 + shipping, then you need to figure out a way to seal up the front with some thin lexan and silicone the whole assembly closed. $100.00 + shipping if you want them already done and I can get the platinum Burners lights myself, and I assemble the whole shebang so they are completely built and sealed for you.

I'll post photos tonight of the warm white, they accidentally made one in warm white for me. It's fun to have a manufacturing facility at your disposal.

as for making ones that fit in the taillight and turn signals....

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR&cart_id=5589168.20133#1157-xLX3

They have the 1157's and 1156's in Amber and red. you still need to rewire your bike to flash them right. I cant touch that pricing even at my cost, although I am unsure of how well they will work in the Bike's lenses. Again, How things work with these LED lamps designed to replace a stock lamp are never really good. That's why I did not even try to use the reflector design and picked some of the optics available to direct all the light to the front.

Edited by timgray

Should be a place somewhere with the do's & don'ts of LED's. I don't quite understand how these things work yet. Can I install the 1157's without changing anything? Saw some headlight bulbs in there?? I want more light. I have this strange NEED TO BE SEEN!!!

Should be a place somewhere with the do's & don'ts of LED's. I don't quite understand how these things work yet. Can I install the 1157's without changing anything? Saw some headlight bulbs in there?? I want more light. I have this strange NEED TO BE SEEN!!!

no. you have to change your blinker module to a LED compatable one, which disables the auto cancel. Then the dashboard computer will complain about dead bulbs. so that has to be rewired to disable the dash warning indicators.

The 1st gens are a lot of work to get working with LED correctly for Turn and stoplights.

ADDING brake light led bars or bar end led signals will work though, the system needs those regular bulbs to work with stock wiring. The fogs, they work no matter what.

Yes, if you tap in and leave the existing bulbs you cand add hundreds of led's to your bike that go on with the brake lights. In fact I could make these fog lights in red that will burn out the retinas of all the car drivers behind you when you hit the brakes.

I am getting the whole thing finished, it looks like the bulb that is installed in the platinum burners with a chromed heat sink to protect it. I tested a "warm white" color and it was not as bright as the yellow, in fact yellow is brighter than the bright white by a factor of 2.

Being yellow, I had an idea, wire up relays so that when the headlight is set for "bright" they are on but blink with the turn signal on that side, set the headlight for "normal" and they will not blink.

I think it will take 4 relays, 2 on the blinker lines. One each to make the Foglight on that side turn off when the turn signal blinks on, then back on when the turn signal blinks off.

then 2 to override them to not allow operation when the low beam is on.

Any interest in this? I can publish the drawings and you can do it with your own relays and wiring. I'd use the bosch 10A relays, so putting them up in the fairing is probably a good idea.

I'll have photos of the finished lamps monday. I can sell them for the ballpark price above. if you buy just he bulb assemblies you will have to make a plasticl cover and seal up the lamps yourself. we dont have any seals in stock that can withstand the heat, and a small run like this I wanted to keep the cost down. If I was to seal up the lamp assemblies it would nearly double the price of them.

I need to order 20 at a time, so that is 10 sets at a time. I dont get another price break unless we can buy 100 sets. I then pay and place the order and 2 weeks later I get them back to be able to ship out.

$60.00 for a set of yellow lamp assemblies. If you want me to seal up a set of burners so you have a set ready to go, $100.00.

Sealed up ready to go platinum burners will take longer to ship as I have to physically build them.

I dont have $600.00 to put in as credit on these so I will be asking for pre-pay. I'm selling these at my cost, I'm getting paid about $15.00 for an hour and a half of assembling the complete burners.

I have not figured out shipping.

Any interest at this price point?