IGNORED

2nd Venture sound system

Thistledown

Looking for some help on my sound system. The bike is an 06 RSV and the sound from the system is intermintent in the left ear in the head set , both rider and passanger. I have two helmets and have eleminated any problem there. I do not know if the problem extends to the speaker and don't know if in fact the system is sterio when in the speaker mode. I have checked all obvious connections and applied dielectric grease to all connections and then taped them together. can anyone suggest where else I might look for the problem. If I don't find it I will take the bike to the stealer this winter (dread) I hate to let them near a fine motorcycle.

thanks for you suggestions

There is some limited information regarding the headset connectors on and around page 8-58 in the service manual. This may or may not be helpful (especially since you seem to be having an intermittent problem).

I know that you said you have ruled out the helmets but I had noticed a similar issue on my last long haul. I had found that after a number of shoulder checks (and on/offs the bike) my left ear would go out. What I figured out was that the patch cable that plugged into my headset (physically on the helmet) would work it self loose and if I pushed it back in the problem was fixed. Since then I have tightened up the connector on the headset and have not had an issue since.

To check your speakers on the bike you can use the 'select' button to adjust the balance and fade (left/right and front/back respectively) to see if you are actually getting sound out of all speakers. Then, if you have an mp3 player that you can adjust the balance on (I can on mine, but I do not know how common of a function that is) you can plug that in and adjust the balance and see if you are getting 'stereo' out at least to the speakers from AUX in.

You said you checked the 'obvious' connections so just to check on this that includes: The connection under the passenger seat, connections to the speakers, 19pin connector that comes out of the amplifier unit and plugs into the bike, the two 13pin [white] connectors that come out of the amplifier unit and big black wire connectors inside the fairing?

Other than that, if you still think you have a problem, you are still under warranty (on your 2006 RSV), I would let the stealer figure it out.

Hope this helps

Good luck!