IGNORED

Anti Fog for Lexan Windshield

As the temperatures have been falling the past week or two, there has been a distinct chill in the air. Makes for an invigorating ride! However, with the lower temperatures, I have found when I run through some spots with a temperature change, the windshield fogs up. This may have happened with my Suzi, I don't recall, but I looked over the top of the windshield so it wasn't an issue. Now though it can be kinda scary when suddenly your visibility goes to 20'. Has anyone found a good Lexan cleaner that will prevent fog?

Randy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KitCarson
As the temperatures have been falling the past week or two, there has been a distinct chill in the air. Makes for an invigorating ride! However, with the lower temperatures, I have found when I run through some spots with a temperature change, the windshield fogs up. This may have happened with my Suzi, I don't recall, but I looked over the top of the windshield so it wasn't an issue. Now though it can be kinda scary when suddenly your visibility goes to 20'. Has anyone found a good Lexan cleaner that will prevent fog?

Randy

Hi, yep that windshield is a killer tain't it!! I am waiting on a custom tinted one myself, and may even have to work on that one. The safety issue with the tall stock windshield that comes on the new ventures is just that a safety issue. I do sometimes wonder about engineers with PHD'S and Doctorates..........Anyway, Rain-X is okay, do not think it will harm the Lexan, does say on some of the older Bottles , not recommended, do believe they have a product formulated for Lexan, has something to do with the surface tension of water on plastic versus glass......yea I know I am always looking for why!!! To make a long story short, I use Lemon Pledge for everything, I clean and wax the bike with it, clean the windshield with it, keep a good coat on it and it will shed rain, Lemon Pledge is good stuff, and cheep, buy it at the dollar store.

Kit