IGNORED

Question on leveling links and bike lifts

I just recently received my Diamond R leveling links and would like to install them on my bike. However I believe I read somewheres on here that a standard motorcycle lift won't lift the Venture. I have the craftsman model lift that many other companies also stick there name on. Why will this lift not work, and if it doesn't is there any other secret to installing them besides going to a shop?

Thanks for your help guys.

I have the craftsman lift. The way I installed the links was to use the lift on the right side, a scissor jack on the back of the left side frame, and 2 2x6 pieces of wood under the kick stand to level the bike. I used a hydraulic jack (small) under the shock to lift it slightly to line the holes up. I would loosen the bolts before getting the bike level. It only took about 30 minutes to complete. The bike was very stable. Call me if you like 214-675-4315.

I have a Craftsman lift and it works fine. I highly recommend getting the lift adapter that CarbonOne makes. It holds the bike rock solid on th elift without using wood.

I agree with Vtirelli Lifted the bike with and without the lift adapter and WOW what a differance in stability. Do yourself a favor Buy a lift adaptor:thumbsup2:

Its only a $15,000 bike. do what you will

"Without using wood." Wow, I didn't know that was such a problem. How about this - cut a few scraps of wood and you can avoid the expense and hassle of yet another piece of equipment. The bike sets on the jack solidly enough that I can climb up and sit on it. How much more stable can you get than that? I totally fail to see the point of getting an adapter thingy. I guess some folks apparently think like Rube Goldberg.