IGNORED

Suggestions appreciated from a new member!!

paiscool

I have a 2006 RSTD and have been thinking of adding a stereo of some kind,CD player,MP3, whatever and some speakers. However,I am kind of a freak in that I like to keep my bike as close to stock as possible so I am asking for people to tell me what they did to add some tunes to their RSTD...... Any suggestions are welcome. Also if it required me to beef up my battery or electrical that would be good to know too.

I really dont care about GPS,CB,etc.Just some tunes on a long ride or some awesome rock on a short run...........

Thanks everyone!!!

Without a doubt, go for an IPod or MP3, on my ’08 I think I’ve used the radio 4 times and that was because the IPod ran out of juice. Upgrade your 4 speakers to Polk DB401 :thumbsup2:. A perfect fit with perfect sound (even with loud pipes) and the only way anyone can see them from stock is looking right in the grill, but then I tell them they are standing way too close to my ride!

Hulk: the speaker upgrade is a good mod for the RSV, but he has a RSTD.

Paiscool: the mp3 player with ear buds is a good suggestion. I did that for years with several bikes before getting my RSV. I bought a small camera case so I could hold my mp3 player on my belt while riding. You'll probably have to go through a few different sets of ear buds before you find a set that works for you (comfort & sound quality). I recommend ones with little foam cones, as they provide a good seal to insulate against road noise without sacrificing comfort. I think Bose makes a decent set - I'll have to see if I can dig out the ones I used.

Don't want to be a dead beat but in some states it is illegal to drive with ear buds or headsets, check with your local law enforcement first so you don't get hit with any tickets... you can look at the Rumble Road speakers http://www.mhinstruments.com/ .... I have had them on several bikes and you hear them perfectly (even at highway speeds) I used them with several different MP3 players. With the speakers you can still hear everything around you as well...sirens horns etc...

Just my humble opinion....

wasabe58: You're right about checking the law... in Pennsylvania using headsets/earbuds even in one ear is illegal for music. It's ok for communications purposes, but that's limited to one ear only.

Do what you wish, but I made the decision to use the earbuds (both ears) for music anyway.... knowing that I was risking a ticket. I ran the wire up under my t-shirt to keep the wire from flapping in the wind and partly to hide them from view. Know your opitons, be aware of the laws and the risks, act like an adult and be prepared to accept the consequences if a decision turns out to be the wrong one.

One thing I really miss about my goldwing is being able to listen to the tunes.

Now that I have the RSTD (which I love), I've tried the ipod with earphones but I feel totally distracted.

I had the chance to hear the unit below (kuryakyn) in a store and it really sounded good.

I've read reviews on the www.cruisercustomizing.com and the reviews are really tood as well. The nicest thing for me is that the amp is built in so no looking for a storage spot for a separate amp.

For next summer this unit is on my wish list.

Here's a link:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/IMID/1070