IGNORED

Mazdas?

craigatcsi

Don't know what Mazda advertising is like in the USA, but 'down-under' they have a catch-phrase of "ZOOM ZOOM." Get it? No?

Well, if you turn ZOOM ZOOM upside down, you get WOOZ WOOZ.

WOOZ? Wuz! Ah, forget it!:doh:

Our 2009 Mazda 6 says "Zoom Zoom" on the multi-function read out when you turn it on. Also has a little sound effect to go with it. Wife thought it was cute.

I vaguley remember an old Mazda commercial for the Rotary Engines that went something along the lines of 'Regular engines go boing boing boing, our Rotary's go hmmmmmm'

I am surprised by all of the positive feedback of the Mazdas! I really always thought they were kinda a 'Kia' type car - a 'throw-away'.

Thanks for all of the replies.

craigr

...for the funeral of the ex-wife of a close friend. I'll will likely be driving the Mazda 3 I mentioned in my earlier post and I would be glad to let your co-worker take it for a zip if she has never driven one. I am assuming she is somewhere locally to Omaha. It is just about to turn 87,000 on the odometer and still does the "zoom-zoom" thing and it's a very solid car.

The plan is to arrive in Omaha Saturday morning for the funeral beginning at 10:00 AM. Should be available after 4:00 PM and will be leaving Sunday late afternoon. I know that is a small window, but willing to accomodate if you would like. The family stays on 96th and Cady and I will be staying with another friend in the Lake Cunningham area. Just call me on my cell phone if you or she wants to take me up on the offer. The number is in my VR assistance profile. Looking forward to meeting you also, if circumstances present themselves.

Jerry

I have an 06 MX-5 (Miata). It is a very fun car to drive and has been very reliable thus far. I've rented a Mazda 3 and was very impressed with it. Seemed like a little BMW. Compared to a Civic or Corolla it will have a slightly firmer ride and better handling.