IGNORED

New land speed record in Omaha.....again

Snaggletooth

Well this is getting interesting. Last year we had a rider tagged at 155 MPH on a Honda out on West Dodge. Yesterday we broke his record.

The name has been changed to protect the moron.

At 188 MPH, Motorcyclist Can't Elude Police

"Idiot Delight" Arrested In Omaha

KETV.com

August 6, 2009

OMAHA, Neb. -- Police said a motorcyclist, "Idiot Delight" who fled from them Wednesday at almost 200 mph not only put himself in danger but also drivers in cars. "You can check your rear view mirror and not see anyone, and then have someone coming by you at 188 mph," said Iowa State patrol Lt. Mike Miller. "It's a frightening thing for the public."

Miller said a driver being passed can react in unpredictable ways and endanger everyone else on the road.

The motorcyclist, 36-year-old , "Idiot Delight" accelerated after troopers spotted him on Interstate 29 near Missouri Valley. He sped into Council Bluffs, where he got on Interstate 480 at Broadway Avenue, Miller said.

Within minutes, he was speeding west on Interstate 80 in Omaha. He exited at 60th Street and stopped his sports bike at a house near 59th and Fay streets, where he was caught.

"Idiot Delight" faces several felony and misdemeanor charges.

This was partly in the Interstate through Omaha itself. Heavy traffice most the time. I see enough of these morons almost every day. A group of rocket riders will block off a couple of lanes on the Interstated by slowing down traffic then do their 75 MPH wheelies in the gaps. Seen some pretty close calls by cagers jumping into the open lanes and not seeing what was going on behind them.

It's a freak show out there these days.

Mike

Just saw two of these "morons" on my way home from working a shift in Birmingham.

One was pretty good, but the other guy...I though he was going to be road burger. He would get up in his wheelie and the drift to the right. He just about lost control two or three times, as he crossed the white line onto the shoulder.

My gen2 might be a bit slower... But I'll get there in one piece.:Avatars_Gee_George:

Unfortunately the idiots aren't consolidated in one or two locations. I see them race up and down the main road through town almost daily, trying to show off. One on a busa with a throttle lock, came past me, cut close into my lane, then stood up on the seat of the bike with his arms out like a tightrope walker. All I could do is pray that I wasn't going to be the one to run his dumba$$ over when he fell off. It's nimrod's like that who give motorcyclists a bad name. One of my co-workers wants to get a bike but his warden won't allow it because one of his son's friends evidently thought jumping culverts on his Sportster was a great idea. Now his warden's labeled bikes of all kinds hazardous and is scared to death of them. Maybe we should petition to institute mandatory common sense tests before cycle licenses are issued....

I ran into a couple of rocket riders the other afternoon while out doing my therapy ride after work. Nice old two lane road runs south out of CB Iowa that run through the bluffs along the river and it's got some sweeping curves to keep it interesting. I had these guys come up from behind and then pass. The front one seemed to be holding a pretty decent line and had good control. The second one was on his way to the hospital. Every curve he would back off then crank it into the turn leaning his bike as far as it would go. But.....he was keeping his body vertical, 90 degrees to the road. I run this road, (when there is no traffic) at 75 to 80 MPH and have no problems. At 55 MPH he was close to drifting off the road. He was going in too tight to start with and then going way too wide on the outside on every turn.

They stopped at a gas station in Glenwood and I pulled in to get a soda. Took a look at the bikes and the second bike was something to see. Sliders chewed off and body work about ready to fall off. Handle bars bent and the levers damaged. I mentioned that the bike looked like it had a rough life. The rider said it was his third one in two years. He thought that the newer bikes were just too hard to control. Yeah! Ok! Sure. LOL!

He did mention that they had been running 65 MPH and I did a good job "keeping up" with them. I asked which way they were headed and they were turning around to head back on the same road. I pulled out about 50' ahead of them from the gas station and they started to pull up tight on my tail. About 3 minutes later I couldn't see them anymore in my mirror. I was sitting on my bike eating an ice cream cone when they came by in CB. They turned and looked but didn't even slow down when they saw me. Hell! I would have bought them a snow cone for just getting there alive. I just wanted to be ahead of them. I hate being a witness to accidents.

Kids! Gotta love 'em.