Just got a USED set of BUBS. It appears that the slip-ons will not slide on far enough to accomodate the bolt lining up. I can see the muffler is hitting a stop that is welded. So Is there something I need to do differently? I think I have to cut the Very small amount off the mating end of the slip on. Any help would be appreciated.:think:

early production bubs did have a weld inside the right muffler that would keep the pipe from installing all the way, you have to nibble a little off the tail of your head pipe or elongate the mounting holes in the bubs and try not to notice the gap left from the union point.

mike

• 6 years later...

I'm looking at bubs 7 Slip-on Outward Slash Mufflers - Softail Deluxe (07-UP) to install on my 1984 XVZ12DL. what did you install? do you know if aforementioned mufflers will fit my bike (looks like they will accommodate the angle off the crossover but I will need to fab a mounting bracket). Do these bubs have a super quiet baffle that can/should be removed? And if the BUbs are run without baffle would my xvz12 need carb rejetting??