IGNORED

Date For Asheville

mini-muffin

I didn't want to wait too long I know lots of folks need to get their dates in for vacations by the beginning of the year. So here it goes: August 6 thru 10th of 2008 will be the date for the Asheville event. That was the date that got the most votes and a few said either was good.

I have heard from some that they'd like to go to the Biltmore house I know they have group rates, but you have to call. So this week I'll call and find out what that would be. I know one of our members was involved with a car group that went so I may tap him for help on this. I'm figuring maybe that friday would be the best day for this.

I know with all the events it's hard to choose, at least this way you have advanced knowledge on when this will be. I'll post with any other details as time goes on. I'm going to ask the advice of others who have organized events like this. This is the first time I'll be organizing something so big, just hope I can give you all a good time.

If you're interested in checking out what's at the Biltmore here's their web address:

http://www.biltmore.com/visit/default.asp

Margaret

Looks like your doing it right already, the earlier you start planning these things, the better, if I can be of any help, let me know. If your going to contact companies for donations, I can give you a list of the ones I contacted and came through for me for the Vogel events.......

Good luck:080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv:

To Jeff doing all the work, this was his baby wasnt it...............:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot: He cant use work as an excuse, because I worked the whole time I was planning all the Vogels.:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:. But, if I am going to help someone, I would rather it be you than him.............:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:!!!!!

I'm hoping to have all the info on hotels and camping ready before thanksgiving. Part of the reason I decided to get the date set now. At least you all can get the days off.

The only thing

I have to figure out now is what to name this thing. I thought the Asheville VR family rally. What do you folks think? Thought it kinda fits us.

Margaret