IGNORED

Lost my scan feature on the radio

EddyG

I finally gutted my cassette player and wired for an mp3 player, as some post have been showing. When I connected everything back up. My radio is stuck on one channel, unfortunately the last channel I was on is Not my favorite.

none of the preset channels work now, and they were not able to program them anyway from the previous owner, because the memo button didn't work. I used the scan button all the time because of that.

I don't think it is related to the mods I did. BUt I would surely like to use the radio. Any suggestions?

As far as the mp3 player connections. the volume is so low I can barely hear it any suggestion on that problem as well?

just a bit of wild guessing on my part, but, since i do computer work, you either have a whole system problem or isolated part of the system that is bad - duh. but with the obvious stated, if this were my bike's problem, i would look to buy another radio either used or new. you can spend a lot of time chasing a problem you may never find, especially with the history your unit has. you may be throwing good money after bad.

The station select and "memo" switches are simple, cheap, 1/4" through hole, momentary open switches... almost ANY TV/Radio repair shop can toss some in or sell them to you. You can get them some other places but these 20 year old switches DO tend to corrode and fail either opened or shorted... I had enough bad ones on my 86 that I just opted to swap them ALL out of that unit... and like I said, fairly easy fix for a junior solder jocky.

The MP3 probably doesn't like the input resistance seen by the amp, there are some cheap mp3 amps that can probably be put in line and adjusted to the radio level...

This one is fixed amplification so yuo jut have to set the MPe level to match up.

Here's one for about $30

http://www.boostaroo.com/products/R234.jpg

-Boostaroo Revolution Hi-Fi Headphone Amplifier & Audio Splitter

http://www.boostaroorevolution.com/audio_power_amplifiers.html