IGNORED

The Neapolis Record

BuckShot

The Neapolis Record---Vol. 1---No. 1---Neapolis, Ohio July, 1879

This was the first paper,first issue, in Neapolis, My dad found a copy in some of my grandfathers papers. Here are some things written in that paper.

All Sorts

"Misfortunes never come singly." Same way with twins.

"Reaching after the unattainable." A man feeling up under the back of his vest for the end of a parted suspender.

All men are not homeless, but some are home less than others.

Farmers make hay when the sun shines, and the young folks make love when the moon shines.

Two things that no fellow can do at the same time are --to hold a pretty girl upon his lap and keep from kissing her.

Why is your nose in the middle of your face?--Because it's the scenter.

This is the first year that Neapolis has been blest with an Ice-House filled with plenty of good ice, thanks to Massr. Billings and Jones.

Local

The Neapolis Sunday School has a membership of 35

L. D. Bingham has his new residence about completed.

Coburn & Co. , have shipped 60 bushels of Huckleberries this season.

D. A. Fuller raised 25 bushels of Strawberries this year.

Miss. Grace Bliss has been engaged to teach the winter term of school.

Miss. Katie Billings killed a snake of the Blue Racer species that measured four feet, seven inches.

G.O. Coburn & Co. , are making preparations to build a grain warehouse, we learn that the work is to commence at once.

There have been but five deaths in Neapolis since the first blow was struck, in 1872, 3 were from disease and 2 were accidental, which speak volumes for our little City.

Having decided to go West, I now offer my residence in Neapolis, Oh. , also my Land north of the Village, for sale or trade, at a Good Bargin. R. Moses.

Thought these were interesting, and so I shared. I do remember some of these last names. Probably relitives. Boy I'm getting old.