IGNORED

Venture and VMax crankshaft

Ran into a guy today that has an 85 VMax that he said has a rod knocking. I have an 86 crankshaft that is in good shape from a 1300. It is my understanding that the bore is the difference from the 1200 and the 1300. Does anyone know if this crank will work? I might sell him the crank, or try to buy the VMax.

RandyA

Buy the Max .... :D :D :D :D :D

Ok, let's get serious.

The Crankshaft of the '86 to '93 is the Crankshaft which Yammi developed for the Vmax.

You can check the IPC and will find the Parts No. with 1FK in front. But, normally you won't need a Crankshaft. The upper Bore on the Con Rods are the Culprit. The Oil-System on this Point is not the Best and there is not enough Material an the Rods to hold the Boring round. Once there is one Sitation with overrevving, the Boring will extend and a ticking sound begins .... 3 Months later the Knocking will be heard louder and louder. Time to change the Rods .... all 4 Rods of Course.

I also have four good rods out of the 86 engine. At the moment, I do not know what the guy plans on doing since I was asked by his friend about parts for one of these engines when he saw my Venture. I gave him my cell number and he has not contacted me yet.

Thanks squeeze for the info. That makes sense to me.

RandyA