IGNORED

Beware using your debit card at the gas pump

Venturous Randy

Okay guys.

After rubbing it in a bit a few posts back, I thought I'd tell you how I pay for fuel.

I have a credit card that is run by a major supermarket chain in Australia - Woolworths.

That supermarket chain also runs its own service stations - Woolworths Caltex.

You can get fuel discount vouchers on your shopping docket for 4c off per litre if you spend more than $30 in one hit - OR - if you pay for your goods with the credit card you can use their petrol bowser that has a card reader and key pad by swiping the credit card, entering your PIN, filling up, hanging up the fuel gun, and driving off.

By the time you've put the key back in the ignition to leave the service station you have a receipt sent to your email address tied in to your credit card account.

Couldn't be easier. And the beauty of this system is - you don't have to remove your helmet or even get off your bike to fuel up.

For all of May and June the card company ran a promotion that gave card users a 10c per litre discount if using the card and the card reader on the bowser.

Our fuel here at the moment is around $1.18 per litre, so I'm paying $1.14.

When fuel prices were down a few weeks ago I was paying around $1 - that was with the 10c per litre discount.

Another:2cents:worth

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic