IGNORED

5 pin to headphine jack with mic connection

Anybody had any luck making an adapter 2 use a cell phone style headset with the existing 5 pin intercom? What i would really like to do is add a headphone bluetooth adapter to the driver and passenger connection and be able to use or cell headsets.

I've seen the pintouts for the 5-pin DIN, either in the manual or on this site. There's left, right, mic, ground for audio, ground for mic, and I think the shield is just a ground. IIRC, of course!! Since the bike system is stereo and the cell headset is probably mono, you'd have to just run off right or left. The only other thing I wonder about is, are the mic impedances similar? I think helmet headset mics are dynamic and the cell mic is probably condenser, which could pose a problem. Look up on the J&M website, it says whether the mics are dynamic or condenser.

Jeremy

From J&M:

"http://www.jmcorp.com/media/new.gif

The new HS-8154B Series Helmet Headsets offer the best value in the marketplace today.

• They feature two wide-fidelity speakers in stereo, a low-noise dynamic microphone and our single-section 5-pin straight plug hook-up cord, for connection to standard 5-pin audio systems. "

This is specifically for their bottom of the line stuff, which is what I bought. Their better stuff has what they call and Aero Mike III and it does not say if it's dynamic. However, it plugs into the same system as the cheaper headset. If it were condenser type, it would require external power from the bike's radio, so I'd say it must be a dynamic type as well. Call them and ask.

Jeremy