IGNORED

Rear brake resv. again

I read all the post on breaking your reservoir to the rear breaks, and even tried the 16 mm and 14 mm wrench idea. But this bolt was stuck.

This is what I did and it worked slick!!! After exhausting all the ideas I saw here I fired up the air compressor and pulled out my 3/8 drive impact and at LOW air pressure I held the resv. with the 16mm wrench and gave it a quick burst with the impact and spun it right off.

Caution: I think I took a chance but from experience I thought it would work and it did. But I have used this technique with other projects, just not pot metal which breaks easy. So if you try this use Low pressure and a wrench to back up the resv.

Second thing, HOW in the world do you all get the pucks out of the break housing??

Well compressed air will loosen them, Just blow compressed air into the line hole.

One side will move, then put some pieces of wood between the OLD Pads, after one side moves, then blow again.

Then pry between the old pads, and blow air in again. Keep working it back and forth, eventually they will all come loose.

Also, the bolts come out of the caliber, and it splits into TWO halves.

Carefull of the O-Rings, have to be replaced when you reassemble the two halves.

Well compressed air will loosen them, Just blow compressed air into the line hole.

One side will move, then put some pieces of wood between the OLD Pads, after one side moves, then blow again.

Then pry between the old pads, and blow air in again. Keep working it back and forth, eventually they will all come loose.

Also, the bolts come out of the caliber, and it splits into TWO halves.

Carefull of the O-Rings, have to be replaced when you reassemble the two halves.

Air would not move them. I had to use hydraulic pressure.

I wasn't very clear I know, I have all four out as far as they can go without spliting the caliper, when I split the caliper, even though they look like they will just pull out, they will not move. Can't get them any father. Just wondering if anyone had any ideas or had the same problem.

Guess I would clean the pucks, and apply oil, force them back in, and force them out again a few times. sooner or later you should be able to get one side out, the split the halves and pull out the other side.