IGNORED

Almost bought a Gwing

SapperMedic

I stopped by the local Honda shop today to pick up some new gloves (50% off sale) and started looking at a 05 Goldwing ABS.Salesman almost had me sold on it if he hadn't tried to lowball me on my bike. Less than 21,000 miles, runs like a scalded cat. one small scratch on the right bag and some minor scratches on one of the bags from falling off at a low speed. He said he would give me $2650 on trade, but it was the way he said it. He said he had called his other (yamaha) dealer and they would give him $1200 for the bike and he had another $1450 that he could play with on the Goldwing. I counter offered him that I would KEEP my bike and he could take $1500 of the price of the wing. $13,285 plus TT&L he said no, my bike had to be in the equation. I saw him drooling over my bike but even at $2650 he was stealing it from me, and then IF he "had" $1450 to drop down on the bike, why would he go an extra $50 to make the sale and I would keep the VR.:thumbdown:

I have a friend with an '06 wing that he is ready to sell. It has heated grips, seat, GPS, CB, etc. Very good condition and it could probably be bought for around $14,000. He just bought a new Ultra Classic.

If you're interested I can hook you up with him.

Dennis