I recently bought a set of mufflers from an 87 XVZ 1300 and wanted to swap them onto my 83. When I tried to install I noticed the brackets on the mufflers are different but the muffler itself seems to be identical. What I'm wondering now is whether I could the change the rear peg brackets and replace them with passenger boards from an 87 to make this work or do I have to go the slice and dice route. I want to thank you all in advance, I'm still learning about the First Gens and you guys are an invaluable resource. Thank you.

I recently bought a set of mufflers from an 87 XVZ 1300 and wanted to swap them onto my 83. When I tried to install I noticed the brackets on the mufflers are different but the muffler itself seems to be identical. What I'm wondering now is whether I could the change the rear peg brackets and replace them with passenger boards from an 87 to make this work or do I have to go the slice and dice route. I want to thank you all in advance, I'm still learning about the First Gens and you guys are an invaluable resource. Thank you.

The bracket change should work, but the slice method will work, with longer bolts & nuts.

I done the slice method on mine, a couple of years ago.

I have the passenger boards and exhaust from and 88 on my 84. The floorboards fit but you will still have to make a bracket or hanger for the exhaust. Bongobob helped me make aluminum brackets for mine. It was easy and works like a charm. Without the floorboards I think a longer bolt will do the trick.

Wayne