IGNORED

Carbon Fibre Helmets

thecount

Since I started looking for new lids, I have come across Carbon Fiber HJC with both DOT/Snell approvals.

They fit well, just looking for any other input related to the Carbon material? Any issues on this rather new material for helmet use?

Very light weight is a benefit, Cost is the down side.

As always, appreciate the input for the riders here on the site.

Thanks,

FYI

Looking at the open face AC-3 Carbon, and pricing is around $300. Sorry, not into the full face helmet.

Will then install J&M comm system or a bluetooth comm system.

So, Papa Smurf, not a $1000, but rather a little more afordable.

Thanks Guys!

:12101:

I just ordered an HJC FS-15 Carbon in red. Web Bike World gave it a favorable review. At $414 it's not cheap, but it's not as expensive as some of the Shoei and Arai ff helmets that weigh more.

From what I've read early carbon fiber helmets had delamination problems. I'm under the impression that has been resolved. Sure hope so, since I'm getting one.

I just ordered an HJC FS-15 Carbon in red. Web Bike World gave it a favorable review. At $414 it's not cheap, but it's not as expensive as some of the Shoei and Arai ff helmets that weigh more.

From what I've read early carbon fiber helmets had delamination problems. I'm under the impression that has been resolved. Sure hope so, since I'm getting one.

Found out that they don't have the open-face model in Canada yet. Will have to try and arrange with a US purchase and some how get up to the north. :canada: