IGNORED

It's a good time to install an air horn

Dave77459

After watching the install of the Stebel Compact Air Horn on JBurrell's bike this past weekend at the SE TX Maintenance Day, I decided to take the plunge and do it. I have been looking for an auxiliary fuse block to put under the seat, and that took me to Harbor Freight last night.

No fuse box, but I did pick up a box of connectors and shrink wrap marked at $4.99 each. At the checkout, the total rang up to $15+. Turns out that they had marked a sale last night that begins today (3/27)! W00t!

So head to Harbor Freight and pick up some goodies for those electrical projects you are planning. :) The shrink wrap assortment is particularly cool.

Yes, I did install the airhorn. LOUD! I took my time, did it right, and there is plenty of amperage available. :) BTW, I used the CARBON_ONE bracket, and it worked great.

No, I haven't found a fuse box at HF, Auto Zone, or Academy (where Ponch suggested). Suggestions for that are appreciated.

I found a Buss 6 circuit fuse box that fits very nicely under the seat next to the battery...less than $10

AutoZone.

JP cycles has the same aux fuse block for $44.99 ZZ38165 is the catalog number...website may have a different price.

NAPA has a 10 circuit I bought. Kinda pricey also. They can usally order it over night.

I have a 10 circuit that I did not use... It is a little big for under the seat.

I do not need it...if you are interested.

I had to run over to the Parts place cause i am working on little project on my bike...Autozone...had 2 of the 6 circuit aux fuse blocks. I picked up one. $8.55 tax included if anyone is interested...I will let you have it for what I go it in...plus you pay shipping.

LEt me know. :thumbsup:

I had to run over to the Parts place cause i am working on little project on my bike...Autozone...had 2 of the 6 circuit aux fuse blocks. I picked up one. $8.55 tax included if anyone is interested...I will let you have it for what I go it in...plus you pay shipping.

LEt me know. :thumbsup:

My Auto Zone didn't know what I was talking about, and didn't have a fuse box when we looked. I guess I'll try another one. If that doesn't work out, I'll PM you to take yours off your hands. :)

Dave

My Auto Zone didn't know what I was talking about, and didn't have a fuse box when we looked. I guess I'll try another one. If that doesn't work out, I'll PM you to take yours off your hands. :)

Dave

I was at three diferent auto parts stores this week and found it in all three. Look where the crimp fittings and other electrical supplies are. They're about $7 - $8.

Ponch