IGNORED

Heated ensemble

Guest jet man

Guest jet man

Ok folks; yesterday my wife told me that my "WarmGear" ensemble arrived at the house. Since I work at Mcchord AFB in Tacoma, I have to wait till tomorrow to open it and check out the new stuff. I have read quite a bit about the different offerings out their on the web site, but last year my wife bought me the warmgear gloves for my birthday and so I thought that I would get the rest of the ensemble to match. I wanted to get the socks but they are sold out. A buddy of mine from work told me about a place in Lakewood, WA. thats sells heated clothing (Eagle Leathers) so I popped in there yesterday and found that Gerbing sells heated insoles for boots and bought some for $59.00. Today I went into the local Triumph store in lakewood and they sell "firstGear". I think that WarmGear and FirstGear are made by the same company, because if you look at their stuff side by side it looks exactly the same. Anyway I can't wait to get it all wired on the bike and me, and then go check it out, which will be tomorrow. :superman:

Be careful when you turn it all on at once. I have a jacket and when it's on high it will discharge the battery. I have a volt meter and it will begin to drop after about 20 minutes. I put a switch on my carb heaters and it helps to switch them off.

DT

Be careful when you turn it all on at once. I have a jacket and when it's on high it will discharge the battery. I have a volt meter and it will begin to drop after about 20 minutes. I put a switch on my carb heaters and it helps to switch them off.

DT

Shouldn't the carb heaters turn themselves off after 20 minutes?

Shouldn't the carb heaters turn themselves off after 20 minutes?

Nope, they keep working if the temp is below 68F or something like that. They are there to prevent icing in the venturi which can happen well above freezing. The carb heaters are not for helping with cold weather starting. They don't even kick on until you are in gear from what I understand.

RR