IGNORED

replacing factory radio on 1st Gen

chocking

Hi,

Bought another 84 first Gen last summer. The factory radio was out and a nicely installed radio /CD player had been installed in it's place. The PO told me that he could not get the radio to work and thought maybe it was bad... I really did not care all that much last year, but over the winter I decided to check it out.

Could not get it to power up... Took it to the radio repair shop , the guy tested it and it worked fine.. Home.... of course not...

Situation.. there are 3 wires coming from the noise filter box. Red, yellow and Black.

The Radio guy told me yellow -- power all the time for memory

red- from the ignition

Black ground..

Sounds simple right... however cannot get anything to work

I'm an electronics idiot and thought someone on here might have more knowledge..

Thanks,

Clay

Get Brand and model number of radio. Possible to check via Mfg. website or installer harnesses. Colors listed are usually correct. Check the 1st Gen wires. There are 2 fuses (ATC) for the radio. Same fuses supply the CB power. So, does CB turn on if ignition is in acc. or on position? Look for noise filter forward of the Am/Fm radio position below the LH speaker. It has 2 sets of wires. One set hot all the time (memory) and one set hot on ign. switch.

JB