IGNORED

Hollister Rally - Hollister , Ca.

silverbac

To Everyone,

Just want to put the word out that Hollister Rally has been cancelled by the

Hollister city council due to high cost for

law enforcement ( $300,000.00) , which really isn't needed Sturgis doesn't even

pay half that . A little history about Hollister

Ca. , In 1947 a bunch of bikers ( 3 to 4 dozen ) were partying and racing there bikes in downtown Hollister . The news

media of course made it sound and look

worst then it was and Hollywood was inspired to make a movie about it ( The

Wild Bunch ). In 1996 a few citizens decide

to organize a Motorcycle Rally on 4th of July weekend , well by 2005 the Hollister Independence Rally had attendance of 120,000 bikes attend for the 3 day weekend. The Hollister Independence Rally became the largest Motorcycle rally in the West Coast . The town of Hollster is a good town and a biker town but it has several problems the city council and local law enforcement they don't like bikers or bike rallies . So in closing the town of Hollister

has lost a great rally ,but bikers will still

come on 4th of July because of the history and the spirit . If any of you have been to the Hollister Independence Rally you kow what I mean .

Take Care,

Silverbac

Hey RSTRIDER,

We are not sure , but I wouldn't worry about it , as long as everyone is not acting like hooligans there shouldn't be any problems . You and your friends come on down and enjoy the riding that we have down here. People of Hollister are bikers and love bikers .

Silverbac

Well with that many folks showing, up, if each person spent just $5.00, seems like the town would benifit to a great extent.

In reality, I would estimate the average person spending a day in town is going to spend more like $50.00

Seems like a loose loose situation for the town if they cancel the event.

My dad and grandpa were at Hollister during the "riot". Grandpa ran in the hill climb and they went every year. Other than the local police blocking of the main street for drag racing they did not see anything. Sure a few drunken fights but that happened whether there was a bike rally or not. Life Magazine staged the pictures that they took. BTW they rode 3 up on an Indian Chief , Grandpa, Grandma and my Dad (on a home made seat on the fender rack). Ride safe Rod