IGNORED

Battery Cables & Stator Wire Leak

Hi All,

Well, winter has a firm lock here in Newfoundland, and my VR will be sleeping for another 2 - 3 months yet, but I've gotta start thinking about the spring, so I have two questions

1. I want to upgrade my battery cables from stock before the next season... anyone know when I can get the heavier cables now? That slow engine crank really makes me nervous sometimes!

2. I replaced my stator last year, and I know I didn't seal that stator wire up as good as it should have been. It was seeping oil all fall. I read somewhere about a sealant - I think from Yamaha - that could be used. I don't want to be dripping oil next summer, those Harley guys think it's funny!

Thanks in Advance!

Hi All,

2. I replaced my stator last year, and I know I didn't seal that stator wire up as good as it should have been. It was seeping oil all fall. I read somewhere about a sealant - I think from Yamaha - that could be used. I don't want to be dripping oil next summer, those Harley guys think it's funny!

Thanks in Advance!

Yamabond or threebond 1104 (same stuff).... You shouls be able to get it a some bike shops.

Thanks to both of you!

3 months may be optimistic.... that's only the end of April!

K

I sure hope to be out in April, May for sure. Still 2-3 months sounds like a long time. :rotf:

When does your bike normally come out of Hibernation ?

BRad

I sure hope to be out in April, May for sure. Still 2-3 months sounds like a long time. :rotf:

When does your bike normally come out of Hibernation ?

BRad

It's usually early May... That isn't warm weather riding, but you can get out.... the snow is often in the woods here until late may, and the ocean ice doesn't usually go until late May... so both of those contribute to cooler temperatures, even though the snow will usually be gone in town by the end of April. July and August are usually the warm months here, and by warm, i mean getting up over 20C consistently.

I snowmobile as well, and I have ridden into early May month in some years! but usually mid April I give that up.