Not a wire but a cracked solder joint on the pin that the cable plugs into. Remove and open up the CLASS control module. Spilt the halves and remove the internal patch cable. Look closely at the connections were the pins mount in the ciruit board. You will find that a few or most are cracked. A quick and I mean a lite touch with some fresh solder will freshen them right up.

Did mine about 7,000 miles ago and it's working like new.

Wilkie - right up my sitting on my arse can't walk alley! Easy to do. We can pull the module and re-flow the solder joints. I can do that while you are doing the plug wires and plugs. I'll show you how and then when the dash computer monitor goes crazy you'll know what to do.

JB

• 4 months later...

Hi all, Just wanted to let you know I reflowed the solder joints on the connector to fix the e4 but when I got deeper into it and examined all the solder joints on the board under a microscope just about every one of them was cracked. I reflowed every joint on the board and have not had an issue with it since. I was still getting E4 after the connector fix which prompted me to check the entire board. Happy riding