IGNORED

Zumo 550 and Bluetooth and Stereo

As you are all contemplating the purchase of a zumo 550, please keep in mind that the bluetooth portion is for the cell phone connection. It does NOT give STEREO output for the MP3 player. The only way to get stereo is out of the hardwire plug. Now, the new Zumo 660 will support stereo sound over bluetooth. However, the 660 does not have XM capability. Also, I don't believe the 550 will support 2 connections over bluetooth at the same time. So, riding 2 up would force 1 person to be in silence unless the helmet of 1 would rebroadcast to another.

JB

Hey JB. Go into the bluetooth settings. There is a place in there for "phone only" and "Phone, MP3, Navigation" I don't know if its stereo or not though. Might be possible to daisy chain them if the cell will allow multiple connections. I have a bluetooth stereo headset but it needs charged. I might try it later to see what happens.

BuddyRich-

Go see the zumoforums.com website. I think they will verify my findings on stereo and the bluetooth.

So far the input for the ampifier seems to accept a pretty low volume input. I have tried an MP3 player and did not have any problems. I don't think a pre-amp will be needed to get the volume up. Seems to drive the amplifier well.

Microphone input seems to be good. I dont think a signal boost will be needed there either. If it turns out to need a bit of oomph I think I can devise a small pre-amp circuit that can be integrated.

JB