IGNORED

am/fm/cb ant spliter

wild hair 39

You'll need an SWR meter and the appropriate cables or connectors. You can find the meter at Radio shack or Sierra electronics: http://www.sierra-mc.com/search.asp (put "SWR" into the search box)

If this is on a 1st gen. all you should need to hook the SWR in-line is a PL-259 to PL-259 connector. If I remember correctly you just unscrew the antenna connector......screw the PL-259 to PL-259 connector to the "Transmitter" input on the back of the SWR meter then screw the other end of the PL-259 to PL-259 connector to the place you just unscrewed the antenna wire from. Then Screw the antenna wire into the "Antenna" connector on the back of the SWR meter. Then it's just a matter of calibrating the SWR meter and then tuning the SWR with the splitter screw.

Or if you can find a CB shop in the area, you might have them set it for you and save yourself a few bucks on equipment and the hassle :Bunny:

DO NOT attempt to talk on the CB if you've adjusted the screw as your SWR may be way off and you could burn out your CB transmitter.

BTW, turning that screw will NOT help AM/FM or CB RECEPTION. The only thing that does is match the length of the antenna to the CB transmitter so less of the transmitting power is reflected back.

You'll need an SWR meter and the appropriate cables or connectors. You can find the meter at Radio shack or Sierra electronics: http://www.sierra-mc.com/search.asp (put "SWR" into the search box)

If this is on a 1st gen. all you should need to hook the SWR in-line is a PL-259 to PL-259 connector. If I remember correctly you just unscrew the antenna connector......screw the PL-259 to PL-259 connector to the "Transmitter" input on the back of the SWR meter then screw the other end of the PL-259 to PL-259 connector to the place you just unscrewed the antenna wire from. Then Screw the antenna wire into the "Antenna" connector on the back of the SWR meter. Then it's just a matter of calibrating the SWR meter and then tuning the SWR with the splitter screw.

Or if you can find a CB shop in the area, you might have them set it for you and save yourself a few bucks on equipment and the hassle :Bunny:

DO NOT attempt to talk on the CB if you've adjusted the screw as your SWR may be way off and you could burn out your CB transmitter.

BTW, turning that screw will NOT help AM/FM or CB RECEPTION. The only thing that does is match the length of the antenna to the CB transmitter so less of the transmitting power is reflected back.

thanks: will set it up today,then will try to get the ext speaker to work in the head set

Lowell,

I've got an SWR meter if you want to get together. Give me a call.

Alan

i've got one,also,the book,didn't say anything about setting the SWR's,but i will check then any way

may ride down your way today,will call,when i head your way

lowell

good thing i checked,the swr's,the coax cable,did not have conunity,bad conecti0n at the ant,and the spliter was bad,don't know how the radio even worked,got the external speaker to work thru the intercom,now for a new spliter,off i go to radio shack