IGNORED

Driver's back rest

Guest Kurt Leopold

I ordered and installed the utopia backrest on my 2008 Venture. It's great and the design was made to match this 2008 model. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

I have arthritus in my back. The Utopia made it possible for me to ride long distances. Before the backrest, I could only ride for about 2 hours. Now I have no problem. The only thing I have to worry about is how I park the bike. I can pull it backwards, but my back won't let me push it forward,,,,

:Venture:

You have several options.

Diamond R Accessories makes a very nice one. They are also GREAT to deal with and are a very good supporter of VentureRider.org

http://diamondraccessories.com

Utopia also makes a nice one.

http://www.utpr.com

Both fold forward but neither are quick detachable.

The only ones I know of that are quick and easy to remove are those that come with custom seats and plug into a hole is the seat. Corbin, Travelcade, a few others offer such custom seats and backrests but you are going to pay BIG MONEY for them. I have the Corbin on mine and love it but you are talking upwards of $700.00 for a new seat, backrest, etc.

I asked the similar question in January. I chose to send the seats to Rick Butler to the modification. Found the the Custom seats end up around $1000 by the time you get them to Canada and in Cdn $$'s :canada:.

Likely installing a Utopia back rest first. Seat Mod + Back rest, is a more cost effective way. Allows for time to check out custom seats during the riding season.

You might want to check with Custom World International.They are a Canadian company.

One of my friends has one on his and he loves it.They are expensive,$350 Plus in the states,but very well made, bolts to the sides and easy to take off if you decide to.I have

to agree on the Corbin seat and backrest combo.They are expensive,but the difference

between it and the stock seat is like comparing night and day.Also,the CWI does fold down for easy passenger access.

• 6 years later...