IGNORED

Yamaha Service Centers-San Antonio

Ole

Looking for feedback on local Yamaha service centers in the San Antonio/Hill country area. Not having any trouble with the bike right now. We just bought an RSV and hopefully will not need service for a long time to come. But would like to find the best available service center when needed.

Thanks much,

Ken

Ken,

The dealer in Kerrville is fantastic!!! Destination Cycle Sports, Kerrville TX.,830-896-2453.

On our first trip on a bike, we had a problem in Kerrville on Thanksgiving weekend about 200 miles from home. Never having owned a bike before, needless to say I was a little concerened. Called them up on Sat. of Thanksgiving weekend and they were open!! Took the bike to them and they pulled a customers bike off of the repair stand and put mine on . Diagnosed the problem, fixed it, fed me doughnuts and coffee, and gave me a couple of t-shirts. Total bill, less than $100.00! Oh, by the way this was on a 1st. gen 4 yrs. ago.

Have nothing but praise for them, very friendly, knowledgeable, and just all around good people.

Don H.

I agree with Don on the Kerrville dealer. I've only been to him once, but he did what he said, when he said, and for less $$$ than the other places.

Yamaha of San Antonio is good in their own way. They do keep an inventory on hand... parts and after market stuff. They also believe in service. When my main amp went out and was back ordered by Yamaha, the owner had the amp pulled from his personal bike and put on mine. You will pay for that inventory and service. They are very proud of everything under their roof. I haven't checked their prices in a while, but last time I checked their internet prices, they were 10% to 20% higher than the Star prices. I asked about that one time. He said there was three reasons. One, he had to pay for a big inventory. Two, a lot of people buy off the net and then can't get the thing installed/working. They then want to return it, or tie up a mechanics time trying to figure out what is wrong. For them, it didn't seem worth the effort. Three, he preferred talking with you... making sure you were getting what you really needed. If you need something in a hurry or want to try on different gear, they are the place.

I agree with Doug. Good parts inventory. As of late last year, they offer 15% off of list on parts. I just picked up exhaust gasket for my 1986 and they were in stock. Very polite folks and helpful. If you are just browsing and waiting, they always offer to help AND they will offer you a bottle of cold water from the old Coca Cola chest up front. Of course it is a bottle with their lable. Never had service there, but the gentleman I met when looking at a 2008 RSV was very familiar with the bike. A service technician that actually acted like he knew the electronics and the V-4. They are open Tues. to Sat. and close at either 6pm or 7pm depending on the day. I like the place. AThey are on I35 north of San Antonio. Get off at Olympia and go about 1/2 mile. Next to a Rudy's BBQ. Oh, Rudy's is good eats.

JB