IGNORED

Making Sure...

Double D

I am getting ready to split the faring (first time by my self). I found the write up by Squidley expaining this is done and how to install the spilt audio cable so that I can install my new Zumo 550. My question is this, can I just tap into the electrical power behind the power outlet inside the faring for my GPS power or should I get the power from somewhere else?:confused24:

Thanks---

I am getting ready to split the faring (first time by my self). I found the write up by Squidley expaining this is done and how to install the spilt audio cable so that I can install my new Zumo 550. My question is this, can I just tap into the electrical power behind the power outlet inside the faring for my GPS power or should I get the power from somewhere else?:confused24:

Thanks---

You can tap into a hot power line, but I personally ran mine straight to the battery, since it comes with an inline fuse. The fuse is placed under my seat where I can easily get to it if need be..

If you need any help,once you get into the fairing, just give me a call.. phone number is in my profile, and I would be happy to walk you through it. :thumbsup2:

ECK, don't be surprised if you get a call this weekend. I plan to start in the morning on this project. I have not forgotten about your offer to walk me through using the Zumo. the only thing I can not figure out now is how to use the MP3. The instruction book does not go over it but there is a button for MP3.:confused07:

ECK, don't be surprised if you get a call this weekend. I plan to start in the morning on this project. I have not forgotten about your offer to walk me through using the Zumo. the only thing I can not figure out now is how to use the MP3. The instruction book does not go over it but there is a button for MP3.:confused07:

Dave- I can help also. Call my cell in my profile.